Friday, February 20, 2009

Random blessings

Well, I was a mite bitchy in the last post, wasn't I? Just for the sake of balance -- yin and yang, ya' know, I thought I would contemplate those things I am thankful for. No need to wait for Thanksgiving, huh? 

Here are 50 things I am thankful for: (in no real particular order of significance)

  1. My husband -- he is kind, loving, considerate, thoughtful and loyal. 
  2. That I still have my mother and father, and that they are still married. It will be 50 years, as a matter of fact, this coming May.
  3. That when I talk to my brothers on the phone we usually end our conversations with "Love you"/"Love you, too." We mean it.
  4. I have learned the power and freedom of being able to admit I am wrong -- it is waaay easier to get forgiveness than to try to justify.
  5. I had a kitty for nearly 19 years -- I will miss her the rest of my life.
  6. My son. He is my first born. Explanation enough.
  7. My daughter. She is joy in my life.* I am thankful that I will miss her when she goes away to college next fall.
  8. My grandson, who is so sweet and growing up sooooo fast!
  9.  Winter trees.**
  10. Bella, our puppy dog.
  11. The late afternoon sun that comes through my den window.
  12. My wind chimes.
  13. That I had the opportunity to go to Austria this winter.
  14. .... to go to the Bahama's in December 4 years ago.
  15. .... to go to Costa Rica on a mission trip, twice.
  16. The cow field on Hwy 27 and the baby cows that are there throughout the year.
  17. That I have seen the huge redwoods in the PNW.
  18. That I have been truly in love.
  19. Twilight.
  20. Listening to the birds sing.
  21. Listening to the ocean at night.
  22. Hearing my children laugh.
  23. That I have a nice home, full of color.
  24. That I don't go hungry. 
  25. Debra.
  26. and Jeanne.
  27. Books and music.
  28. That I not only love my daughter-in-law, but I really, really  like her!
  29. That I got to see Queen in concert.
  30. That I have seen a lot of the country that I live in.
  31. Fresh peaches and tomatoes!
  32. and flowers.
  33. Sharing a glass of wine with friends/family.
  34. My family is a "huggy/kissy" one.
  35. I love studying/learning/school -- including Ancient Greek!
  36. my yarn stash! 
  37. that I remember my grandmother.
  38. that I remember my first "real" kiss (I was 10).
  39. that I believed in Santa until I was 10 (hmm....)
  40. late afternoon breezes in the summertime.
  41. the memory of my son falling asleep on the couch listening to jazz.
  42. afternoon naps with Nat watching foodtv
  43. knowing that a contented life is a good life.
  44. having a contented life.
  45. the memories of our wedding day
  46. that I've had the chance to give of myself
  47. candlelight
  48. the smell of gardenias
  49. knowing and loving the Lord.
  50. that the Lord knows and loves me.
I have a lot to be thankful for. Good to remember that on days when you don't feel like you have anything going for you.



* Not a grammatical error -- I meant to say it that way "She is joy in my life".
** See previous post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter